Beautiful forest setting ● Treehouse accommodation ● Underground Hide
Set in the magnificent Madikwe Game Reserve in South Africa’s North West Province, Jaci’s Lodge’s offer guests the perfect destination for unrivaled game-viewing, unique accommodation and outstanding service. With easy access via car or aeroplane, Jaci’s Lodge is a mere 3-and-a-half-hour drive or an hour’s flight from Johannesburg.
We have hand-picked the unique Jaci’s Tree Lodge for our scheduled safaris.With custom-built treehouse accommodation you can look forward to views of the surrounding forest and even glimpses of the Marico River.
Jaci’s Lodge has been recently selected as one of the National Geographic’s Unique Lodges of the Word!
The Terrapin Photographic Hide
Here you will get the opportunity to photograph animals at eye-level, something that can take your photographic portfolio to the next level. The hide is visited by a wide variety of animals and birds and thanks to its unique location, you can sit quietly and watch them coming down to drink as if you weren’t there.
The Hide is west-facing orientation, which guarantees soft morning light and warm backlit silhouettes in the late afternoon. The hide is accessible via an underwater tunnel and the hide is open 24 hours a day. The hide is fully equipped with red LED interior lights, spotlights and a radio.
Jaci’s Lodge is committed to sustainable Tourism and is involved in a number of conservation and Eco-Friendly community projects.
- 75000 Hectare Private Game Reserve
- Full big 5 plus Wild Dog and Cheetah (Free Roaming)
- 14 Antelope species
- 350+ Bird species
- Special sightings include black rhino, Brown hyena, Aardwolf, Wild dog and of course the big 5.
- Twice Daily Game Drives, including sunset and sunrise stops
- Brunch, Afternoon Tea and Dinner
- Local and specialist teas as well as fabulous filter coffee
- Complimentary optional sleep out at the Tree Lodge Star Bed overlooking Jaci’s Waterhole (to be booked at the lodge, pending availability)
- Fireside, starlit dining
- Access to the submerged Terrapin Hide
Activities at Jaci’s
- Walking Safaris
- Terrapin Hide
- River Path
- Bush Gym
- Masala Spa