Beautiful Forest Setting ● Family Accommodation ● Child Friendly
Set in the magnificent Madikwe Game Reserve in South Africa’s North West Province, Jaci’s Lodge’s offer guests the perfect destination for unrivaled game-viewing, unique accommodation and outstanding service. With easy access via car or aeroplane, Jaci’s Lodge is a mere 3-and-a-half-hour drive or an hour’s flight from Johannesburg.
We have hand-picked the spacious Jaci’s Safari Lodge for our private family safaris. At Jaci’s Safari Lodge, it features two exclusive family Suites – Nare Suite and Safari Suite.
The Nare Suite accommodates up to 6 people and is ideal for families or groups travelling together. The suite includes a master and guest bedroom with an open plan bathroom, a generous stone bath, outdoor shower and upstairs loft.
The Safari Suite accommodates up to 8 guests and is the perfect safari hideaway for larger families. The master bedroom and adjoining children’s room share an outdoor shower and open-plan bathroom with magnificent views into the bush. Across the passage there is a lounge with adjoining guestroom, there is an upstairs loft too.
Both Nare and Safari Suite guests have a private game viewing vehicle for the duration of their stay. Children can be accommodated in the Tented Suites at certain times by special request.
Jaci’s Lodge has been recently selected as one of the National Geographic’s Unique Lodges of the Word!
Children and Families at Jaci’s
Jaci’s is the perfect location for a family to come together and have fun while out on safari. We at Zali, promote family safaris a lot more because we are family orientated.
During your family stay here at Jaci’s, we offer the following:
- Variety of Family-friendly accommodation
- Guided River Path walks along the Marico River
- Cookie and baking decorating for the kids with a chef from JAci’s
- Avariety of toys and games for children
- Plaster of Paris track molding for children
- Bush Swimming Pools
- Flexible meal times for children
The Terrapin Photographic Hide
Here you will get the opportunity to photograph animals at eye-level, something that can take your photographic portfolio to the next level.
The hide is visited by a wide variety of animals and birds and thanks to its unique location, you can sit quietly and watch them coming down to drink as if you weren’t there.
The Hide is west-facing orientation, which guarantees soft morning light and warm backlit silhouettes in the late afternoon. The hide is accessible via an underwater tunnel and the hide is open 24 hours a day. The hide is fully equipped with red LED interior lights, spotlights and a radio.
Jaci’s Lodge is committed to sustainable Tourism and is involved in a number of conservation and Eco-Friendly community projects.
- 75000 Hectare Private Game Reserve
- Full big 5 plus Wild Dog and Cheetah (Free Roaming)
- 14 Antelope species
- 350+ Bird species
- Special sightings include black rhino, Brown hyena, Aardwolf, Wild dog and of course the big 5.
- Twice Daily Game Drives, including sunset and sunrise stops
- Brunch, Afternoon Tea and Dinner
- Local and specialist teas as well as fabulous filter coffee
- Complimentary optional sleep out at the Tree Lodge Star Bed overlooking Jaci’s Waterhole (to be booked at the lodge, pending availability)
- Fireside, starlit dining
- Access to the submerged Terrapin Hide
Activities at Jaci’s
- Walking Safaris
- Terrapin Hide
- River Path
- Bush Gym
- Masala Spa